Wow, really didn’t update this much did I? I shall attempt to do so more regularly this year.
So, things grew, some better than others. I got potatoes, onions, chillis, spring onions, sweetcorn. These all cropped really well and in fact I’ve only just finished the last of the onions a week ago!
I grew a few leeks, they were good too.
I didn’t weed enough and I didn’t do a lot of things I had planned on. My strawberry plants died within weeks of planting, carrots didn’t come up at all and my dwarf beans died when put out. I have plans for that this year though.
Here’s how it currently all looks a the shed end.
The clear area between the shed and the “decking” is going to be home to a shave horse when I’ve built it. Once installed I’ll hopefully be using it to make my own rustic fencing to run between me and one of my neighbours.
Quite happy the pallet fence I put up last week was still there today since the wind down here has been fierce! 🙂
Here’s vaguely how the plot looks from the shed
As you can see I have a large compost heap of doom and a nice pile of rotted horse muck at the entrance end to get spread around and dug in. This was bough by the neighbour who had way too much of it to use. It’s all dug over and pretty much ready to go, just needs a quick rake before planting stuff in March.
Now that I’ve had a year of trying it out I have a much better idea of what I’m doing and what to expect so hopefully I’ll get some good things going this year.
Looking back at the photos of the plot on day one when I started the blog I’m well chuffed with everything I’ve done, hard work and worth every bit of it.